Riesling Le Chimère
• Grape varieties: 100% Riesling
• Location: the Kefferberg hillsides
• Soil: calcareous clay
• Pruning: double Guyot–Poussard
• Biodynamic growing method
• Fermentation: indigenous yeasts
Slow pressing of whole handpicked grapes, indigenous yeasts, fermentation and maturation for ten months in barrels. Maturation with no added oenology products or sulphites, fining or filtration.
• Complies with the natural wine vinification charter
• Final alcohol content 13%
Riesling is the premier grape variety in Alsace. It is said to express the terroir in which it grows. With our vine growing method and intense work on the soil, this grape variety’s roots can reach a depth of over ten metres and capture the trace elements and mineral salts of the bedrock. The Riesling Le Chimère is a very structured mineral wine in the mouth with citrus aromas. It is lively and saline with wild rose, acacia and honeysuckle notes.
Back to the list of wines